Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cooking in the Kitchen

Do You Love Fish and Chicken??? If you do, I know you want it seasoned just right and the BEST seasoning packet I have found, and actually I use it almost everyday, is Andy's Seasoning.
Whether you bake, broil or fry Andy's combines just the right touch of spices to enhance the flavor of your fish and chicken...it adds a bit of a kick. I heat just a small amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add just a light coating of Andy's Seasoning to Malaysian Basa (a delicious, very mild tasting fish that I have only found at the Giant Eagle Supermarkets). Cook the Basa on both sides for 2 - 3 minutes. What a taste treat and as an added bonus, high protien, low fat. I have even tossed onion, green pepper and zucchini into the same pan with a sprinkling of Andy's to make a complete healthy meal. For a thicker coating dip fish in egg whites, soak chicken in half & half, then coat with Andy's Seasoning.... Mild or Cajun for Fish or Chicken. It's a taste treat that can't be beat!
www.andysseasoning.com

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
-From Darlene

2 comments :

Paula - November Mom Squad said...

Great Idea Darlene. Another great idea in the kitchen is seasoning your pork or beef roast with a can of cream of mushroom soup and sprinkle the top with dry onion soup. In the oven or the crock pot it makes a wonderful meal and the gravy is all ready when the meat is done, no need to thicken.

Darlene said...

Thanks Paula. I am definitely going to try that. I have used condensed soups - cream of mushroom, cheddar cheese and the broccoli and cheese before in chicken and rice recipes and the dry soup packets in meatloaf before but now is the time for me to branch out hahaha. Soups are such a timesaver for Moms!