Monday, November 06, 2006

Recipe of the Week!

CHICKEN AND RICE DINNER

This is a quick and easy recipe for a family dinner and a great one for company too.
Clean up is easy and fast.

1 Can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1 Can of Cream of Chicken soup
(or you can use any combination of cream type soups your family likes)
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
Uncle Ben's long grain rice
Water
Chicken about 6 - 8 pieces - again whatever your family likes, I use thighs, and breasts.

Mix both cans of soup in a 13x9x2 pan. Fill one can of soup with un cooked rice and stir into soup mixture, add one can of water. Mix well. Place chicken pieces on top of the mixture. Sprinkle with the dry onion soup. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 90 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.

This recipe can also be done in a crock pot. Just cook it according to your crock pots instructions.
Mine is generally on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5 hours.

-From Paula in Akron

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I make this dish, but instead of onion soup mix, I use garlic powder and sprinkle a little cheese on top. MMMM

cindy said...

Imade this for my family a few weeks ago, they loved it. Then I could not remeber where I got the recipe! Thanks for printing i think I will make it again to night for dinner.

Cindy