Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Talkin' Turkey Leftovers!

Look like you have spent hours in the kitchen with this easy meal!
Easy and Tasty Chicken in Gravy

In a skillet melt 2 Tbls. of Butter or Olive Oil mixed with garlic, pepper, poultry seasoning, paprika and an onion (optional). I use about a tsp. of each of the listed spices. Brown your chicken breast in this mixture.

Make a chicken gravy of you choice. I like to use Minors Gravy (found in the freezer section at Heinan's, other stores may carry this as well!) and cream of mushroom soup. I sometimes even add about 1/2 cup of sour cream for a creamier gravy.

Place browned chicken in a casserole dish in the gravy and place in the oven for about an hour at 350 degrees. Or you can put it in a crock pot and let it cook all day.

I like to serve it with noodles, bread, salad and a vegetable of your choice.

Prep time is about 15 minutes
Cook time about an hour in the oven
or about 6-8 hours in the crock pot

Enjoy!
Susan, from Richfield





Make your house smell like Grandma's on a cold Sunday Afternoon!
Beef Roast in Gravy

Put little slices in the roast and put fresh garlic in the slices
Rub the roast with Olive Oil and the following spices: garlic, pepper, meat tenderizer and fresh basil.

Make gravy of your choice, I like to use Minor's Beef Gravy (found in the freezer section at Heinan's. Other stores may carry this as well!) To this I also add about 1 to 11/2 cups of cooked coffee (this helps to tenderize the roast).

Place in roaster with gravy (and coffee), cover it with foil and cook at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes per pound of the roast. I baste it every 45 minutes or so to keep it from drying out.

My weakness if mashed potatoes, salad and vegetable of your choice.

I also love Yorkshire Pudding with this.

Yorkshire pudding
1 Cup flour
1 Cup milk
2 eggs
a dash of salt

Mix together. Take drippings from meat, or gravy and put in the bottom of a cupcake tins and add mixture to the cupcake tins. Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes and browned on top.

This meal is a little more work, but great for a cold Sunday family meal. While the roast is cooking, play some games with the family.

Enjoy!
Susan, from Richfield

2 comments :

Paula said...

I tried the Chicken recipe, and did the prep work the night before, put it in my crock pot, and refrigerated it, then in the morning I just had to take it out and start it in the crock pot, it was ready when I got home. And my family loved it. The only real variation I made was since I didn't have gravy I used two cans of soup and it made it's own gravy in the crock pot. Thanks Susan for a wonderful alternative to dry chicken breast.

Susan from Richfield said...

Thanks Paula! I am glad that you and your family enjoyed this! It is one of our favorites!