Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Uplift and Encourage

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There are 2 books that I have read recently and wanted to share with you all. One truly uplifted me as I am going through divorce at this time and the other I shared with my son to help enhance his walk with the Lord. One is called, "Missing being Mrs", by Jennifer Croly, a teacher of religious education that speaks personally of surviving divorce and looking at the various dimensions of divorce and rejoining the world of dating from a Christian perspective. The other book is called, "Preparing Your Son for Every Man's Battle", by Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker. I am sure you know of the Every Man's Battle series so this has been broken down into parts to help the younger teens and then the older teens.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
-From Darlene

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Thanks Darlene. I have heard of the "Every Man's Battle" series. I will have to check this one out for my 16 year old son who recently found the Lord. Also, I will have to find "Missing being Mrs." I have been divorced for 14 years but this might still help.

Darlene said...

Bless you and thank you for the comment. It is really difficult going through the various changes of life. But what a blessing that God is always with us and is there to help us through. I REALLY had to draw on the Holy Spirit strength within me to stop what I called crying fits. I would just burst into tears with no warning at all and I had never done that in my life. I remember driving down the street and having to pull over because I was crying so much I couldn't even see where I was going. I cried out, "Lord PLEASE help me to get a hold of myself. I don't want to cry anymore." And I am so thankful because I have not had another one of those episodes since. When you have done your best to be a good wife and a loving companion and you think all is going great and your mate is telling you how wonderful you are and how happy they are and you are praying together and going to church, etc. then you find out the person is displaying a totally different side away from home. It's a shocker. And at the same time, I still pray for him because I am thinking something has to be terribly wrong with him in order for him to have to find comfort in living secret lives. As more and more truth came out, he even called it "crazy behavior" but he would not repent and you know Satan loves to destroy families. I have no bitterness...just sadness. I truly loved him so much. In fact, I still love the person he portrayed himself to be with the children and I. But after much prayer, the Heavenly Father clearly informed me it was time for me to move aside, not only for my sanity but for the sanity of our children. You and your son will be alright and we will too by the grace of God! I hope you will write again.