Friday, June 26, 2009

Vacation Help!

We received an e-mail from Brenda is looking for tips when it comes to vacation! She writes from WI and is hoping from help, you are welcome to leave a comment if you can offer advice!


We are looking to take our boys to the Crayola Factory next summer, possibly June, but aside from the Crayola Factory I'm wondering what else is in that general area for the kids. They will be 4 & 5 (almost 6) by then. I've been searching the Internet and I don't know if I just don't know what to search for or if there just really isn't much else to do. We would very possibly be staying in Tamiment, PA so that would be our 'home base' each day. I'm going to find out exactly where Yankee Stadium is, I'm thinking maybe we could take a ride to NY and catch a Yankee game. Not that we're Yankee fans, but I'm sure my husband and boys would get a kick out of being able to say they got to see Yankee Stadium. . If you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks a bunch.
Brenda

2 comments :

Joyce said...

Your kids will surely enjoy the Crayola Factory! It is, as you can imagine, a VERY kid-friendly place. Lots of crafting and fun. Depending on how far you want to drive for day trips, there is so much to do in that area, as you are on the eastern end of the Poconos. If you want to drive as far as Scranton, you won't want to miss Steamtown, the National Historic Site that is all about trains! You can see a real working roundhouse and many locomotives. There is a train ride available, too. Closer to where you will be staying, is Claws 'n Paws Animal Park, a small private zoo. My boys loved it and they even got to feed a giraffe there! Don't forget to take the kids to Wild West City in Netcong, NJ. I remember a living history town, also, across the river in NJ. It's been about six years since we were in the area, but we've been several times and there is LOTS to do!
Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Joyce (and Brooke for posting my question). We have booked our vacation to Tamiment, PA for early June, 2010. I am excited to check out the info on the trains. We have also decided we want to see the Liberty Bell and tour Independence Hall, then we would cross the river into NJ and go to Adventure Aquarium. We also are definitely going to see Bushkill Falls, as it is near the resort where we are staying. I've heard it's beautiful. Some other ideas we have are to spend a day in New York (not sure what to do there yet, we've taken Yankee Stadium out of the equation). And we're also considering spending a day in Hershey, PA. This may sound like we have everything planned, and based on this info, we do. However, we are still open to other ideas, the vacation is still a year away and we don't want to leave there saying 'We wish we had known, we could have done that instead'. I appreciate any information any of you can share with me. Also, we are making this trip in 2 days and are looking at spending a night in Ohio. We'll most like be coming through on I80/90. Any good ideas of a place to stay or something to do with the boys for a few hours to get all of us out of the car? Thank you so much.

Brenda in WI