Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Reaching Out: Let's Help!

We received an e-mail from a mom who is asking for your help. She has a dilemma and is hoping for some advice from other women who can share their experience and wisdom.


Dear Mom Squad,

My son wants to move out of our home and it's breaking my heart. He is a sweet 15-year old boy but he has major issues with his step-father (my husband). I will admit, some of them are legitimate but I don't think moving out is the answer. He's been asking to move in with his dad which would mean he would have to change school districts. I want what is in his best interest, but right now I'm not sure what that is. I am at loss, please help!



If you have any words of advice for this mom, please leave a comment so that she may see your feedback. Sending hugs!

1 comment :

Darlene said...

I know this situation is very serious, but TRUST IN GOD. I suggest you pray for the Holy Spirit to discern you and then share with your son what wisdom you have gained. Also, pray with your son. Unless his Dad's lifestyle poses some threat, maybe it is time for them to be able to become closer. It may be beneficial for all parties concerned to have a face-to-face meeting to discuss the particulars. I will be praying for you all too and hoping your current husband and your son can come to some understanding of each other. It would be best if your son did not leave on bad terms.