Friday, May 04, 2012

Vote For Lisa!! Let's Show Our Support!

Lisa is a Mom, just like you. She is a part of our Fish Family, just like you, but Lisa has multiple sclerosis and is getting to the point where she needs a newer vehicle, particularly a handicap accessible one soon. 

May is National Mobility Awareness Month and there is a contest for winning a new accessible vehicle.  Lisa needs to be in the top 10% of entrants with the most votes to move on to the judging.  The voting is open thru May 13.  People can vote once a day, everyday, from any IP server.  Lisa is on a mission to find a cure for MS. You can help. Read her story and more about the contest at http://www.nmeda.com/mobility-awareness-month/heroes/ohio/euclid/1257/lisa-morek


2 comments :

MommaMorek said...

Thank you Mom Squad for your support! I am sorry I missed the luncheon this weekend to thank you all in person, but I was in Parris Island SC for my oldest son's Marine Corp boot camp graduation. Now I'm learning about being a Marine Corp Mom as well as a Retired Navy Wife! The minivan wouldn't make it, we took my husband's car. Disassembling and reassembling my wheelchair at each stop on the 16 hour trip, and creatively packing and getting me in and out was challenging, but worth it to be there with Matt. There are many in need, but I am so thankful for your prayers and votes! Peace, Lisa Morek

MommaMorek said...

Thank you Mom Squad for your support! I am sorry I missed the luncheon this weekend to thank you all in person, but I was in Parris Island SC for my oldest son's Marine Corp boot camp graduation. Now I'm learning about being a Marine Corp Mom as well as a Retired Navy Wife! The minivan wouldn't make it, we took my husband's car. Disassembling and reassembling my wheelchair at each stop on the 16 hour trip, and creatively packing and getting me in and out was challenging, but worth it to be there with Matt. There are many in need, but I am so thankful for your prayers and votes! Peace, Lisa Morek